University of Southampton


Can my visitor have a University IT account?

Access to computing facilities is not normally allowed to anyone other than current members of the University (holders of a valid University ID card and identity number). However certain exceptions are made for some honorary staff or external researchers working within the University and an application for a visitor account must be made to Human Resources by relevant Faculty or Professional Service on behalf of the person who needs the access.

For further information, including links to the Visitor Access forms, see the HR Visitors page on the University website.

Was this article helpful?

If you have any further comments, please put them below.

Please note that feedback is anonymous - if you require a reply or assistance, please raise a ticket via ServiceLine.

Thank you for your feedback, it is much appreciated.

Tweet This Article

Back to List

We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we will assume that you are happy to receive cookies on the University of Southampton website.