This article guides Estates users on installing and running Trend Building Energy Management Systems (BEMS).
1. If you are an eligible user, you should see an option to add Trend shortcut through the Software Center:
New users who have been added to the eligible group may need to wait some hours to see the option available. In this case, they can wait or follow the section "Running Trend using Microsoft Edge" to access the service.
2. Once the application is installed, a new Edge icon will appear on the desktop with the title "Trend":
3. Running the Trend shortcut will launch Edge in the "app mode" and directly into the Trend log-in page:
If you face some difficulties, please follow the procedure below to login to Trend:
1. Install Java from the Software Center - if you cannot find it from there, please contact ServiceLine.
If you are using a university-managed laptop or desktop, you can find the Software Center in 2 ways:
2. Open Edge
3. Click on the 3 dots (...) in the top right corner, then click on 'Settings'
4. Go to the 'Internet Explorer compatibility' section and:
5. Now go to Under ‘Internet Explorer mode pages’ and:
6. Now press the ‘Restart’ button
7. Once Edge was reloaded, open a new tab and go to http://www.trend.soton.ac.uk/
8. After a moment, you should get a Java security screen:
9. You should then be able to see the login screen for Trend
Was this article helpful?
If you have any further comments, please put them below.
Please note that feedback is anonymous - if you require a reply or assistance, please raise a ticket via ServiceLine.
Thank you for your feedback, it is much appreciated.