Self Service is a Jamfp application useful for installing, reinstalling or updating software. If you are using a macOS computer managed by iSolutions, you will find it in your App folder or in your sidebar (Dock).
1. Open Self Service by clicking on the icon
2. Log in with your university username (for example: abc1de22) and password. Tick on "Remember me" if you want the software to remember your credentials
3. Self Service will show you a list of available managed software you can install or reinstall
4. Click on 'Install' to start downloading the software
5. Under the software icon, you will see a stop button and the progression circle. You can stop downloading the software by clicking on it
6. The button under the software icon will change from 'Install' to 'Reinstall' at the end of the process.
The Browse tab contains the following tabs:
You will receive a push notification whenever there’s an update available for you. Updates will appear as well within the History tab.
Click on the notification icon or the 'Updates' tab on the top-right to see all the updates available. From there, you can update a single software or all the software listed.
History tab shows you a quick view of what you have already downloaded on your macOS. It also let you reinstall your software on your computer.
Was this article helpful?
If you have any further comments, please put them below.
Please note that feedback is anonymous - if you require a reply or assistance, please raise a ticket via ServiceLine.
Thank you for your feedback, it is much appreciated.