If you are going to be absent from work, you can set up a Delegate to manage your approvals, tickets and other items within ServiceNow on your behalf.
If you are unsure who to set up as your Delegate, contact your Line Manager.
1. Log in to the ServiceNow portal
2. Select your name in the top right of the screen
3. Select Delegates
4. Select New
5. In the Delegate field, enter the first name and surname of the delegate.
After a few moments, further details will appear below the search field (including username and department)
6. Select the required person
7. Starts: Use the calendar button to select the start date and time for the delegation (the default is today's date)
8. Select OK
9. Ends: Use the calendar button to select the end date and time for the delegation (the default is two week's time)
10. Select OK
11. Approvals: Select this check box to delegate your approvals (for example change request approvals)
If required, use the Catalog and Categories fields to delegate approvals for certain approvals only. If these fields are left blank, all approvals will be delegated.
12. All notifications: Select this check box for all notifications to be received by your delegate
By selecting this option, your delegate will receive email notifications for all tickets owned by you (or that you are on the watch list for), including notifications relating to HR requests.
13. Select Save
1. Follow steps 1 to 3 as above
Your delegate(s) will be listed.
2. Select the start date and time link
3. Update the delegation rule as required
If you want to end the delegation (for example if you have returned to work earlier than the delegation is scheduled to expire) you can amend the end date and time to reflect this.
4. Select Save
Was this article helpful?
If you have any further comments, please put them below.
Please note that feedback is anonymous - if you require a reply or assistance, please raise a ticket via ServiceLine.
Thank you for your feedback, it is much appreciated.