This article guides you on downloading and installing NVivo on personal computers and University provided computers.
At the moment, the University does not have access to the latest version NVivo 14. You will need to select the previous version.
NVivo is available on all Common Learning Space computers.
NVivo is a qualitative data analysis (QDA) computer software package produced by Lumivero. NVivo helps qualitative researchers to organize, analyze and find insights in unstructured or qualitative data like interviews, open-ended survey responses, journal articles, social media and web content, where deep levels of analysis on small or large volumes of data are required.
Please note: currently we do not have access to the latest version NVivo 14 we only have access to NVivo R1.
Find articles, videos, and other resources on NVivo from the manufacturer’s Resource Library.
To download the latest version of NVivo please follow the instructions below:
1. Go to the Lumiero / NVivo portal
2. Create your account using the short form of your University email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
3. Request your verification code
4. Create a password and confirm it
5. Complete your setup
6. Once you have created your myNVivo account, open the page Register Your Enterprise License Key To Get Started
7. Enter the following enterprise license key: NVT20-JZ000-8HA20-UR688-IR7GP
8. Once you have put in this license code you should see the option to select the previous version NVivo R1. If you cannot see this option from the myNVivo portal, please:
9. The installer will then be downloaded to your machine.
1. Locate and double-click the installer downloaded to your machine
2. Double-click it to begin the installation.
3. Select your preferred language
4. A new welcome page will appear. Select Next
5. On the next window read and agree to the license conditions
6. Select Next to continue
7. We recommend using the default folder and tick the option to create a desktop shortcut. Select Next to continue
8. Select the supplementary Add-0n for Chrome if required. Select Next to continue the procedure
9. Select Install
10. The software will now install. A progression bar will appear in the middle of the screen:
11. At the end of the process you will see a confirmation screen saying that you can close the NVivo installer
12. Tick the option “Launch NVivo” and select the button Finish. Nvivo will be launched
13. The first time you run the application you will see a screen showing the following options:
12. Select the option “or provide enterprise key to activate”
13. Fill in the activate key NVT20-JZ000-PHA20-AR688-D9O14 and read and agree to the license terms.
14. Select Next
15. On the next display fill in the required fields (marked with a *)
16. Select the Activate button
17. You should see a screen saying “Your licence has now been activated”
18. Select OK
19. Nvivo will restart and you should be able to access it as normal.
If you need to renew an existing NVivo installation please follow the instructions below:
Open NVivo (please do not open a project)
1. Select the File tab
2. Point to Help
3. Select Manage License
4. Select Extend License
5. Enter the new license key in the Extend License dialogue box
6. Select OK
If these instructions do not work you may need to deactivate the license and reactivate it following the instructions listed in the section “Installing NVivo for the first time”.
You may want to deactivate the NVivo license on a particular computer. For example, if you get a new computer then you should deactivate the NVivo license on the old computer before installing and activating on the new one.
1. Make sure that you are connected to the internet
2. Close any NVivo projects you have open
3. Now select the following buttons:
4. Confirm deactivation and close NVivo.
Was this article helpful?
If you have any further comments, please put them below.
Please note that feedback is anonymous - if you require a reply or assistance, please raise a ticket via ServiceLine.
Thank you for your feedback, it is much appreciated.