For the best experience use the Microsoft Authenticator App - this offers advanced functionality including one touch authentication approval via notifications.
If you do not see the below screen, please make sure you have completed “Step 1 (Turn on Multi-Factor Authentication)” and visited https://aka.ms/MFASetup.
1. Make sure you have downloaded and installed the Microsoft Authenticator App on your device, and then select ‘Next’.
2. If prompted, select 'Allow Notifications'. Make sure to select 'Work or school' from the list of account types.
4. When prompted within the app, scan the QR code on your screen using your device camera.
5. You will then receive an approval notification on your mobile device.
6. Select 'Approve' to confirm the setup.
If you want to configure additional MFA methods (recommended), for example mobile phone number or desk phone, click the ‘I want to set up a different method’ at this point and follow the instructions at How to set up MFA using SMS or a phone call
7. You will receive a success message once you have finished the setup.
8. Click Done to complete the process
Was this article helpful?
If you have any further comments, please put them below.
Please note that feedback is anonymous - if you require a reply or assistance, please raise a ticket via ServiceLine.
Thank you for your feedback, it is much appreciated.