Here we will show you how to set up MFA on your account using SMS (text message) notification or phone call:
SMS or phone notifications are great as fail-back second factors, for the best experience use the Microsoft Authenticator App as your primary second factor - this app offers advanced functionality including one touch authentication approval via notifications. Download the app on your mobile device for iOS or Android
If you do not see the below screen, please make sure you have completed “Step 1 (Turn on Multi-Factor Authentication)” and visited https://aka.ms/MFASetup from your desktop computer or laptop.
1. Select the option 'I want to set up a different method'
2. Select 'Phone' as the different method and select 'Confirm'
3. Choose your country and enter your phone number, then select how you wish verification to happen. This can be either a SMS message, or a Phone Call.
Note, For this example we are using SMS
4. You will then be asked to verify your method:
For SMS - You should receive a code to your phone. Enter the code in the area shown and click next to continue.
For Phone – You will receive a call, asking you to select a Key on the phone to verify your signin’.
5. You should recieve a success notification. Select 'Next' to complete the set up.
Was this article helpful?
If you have any further comments, please put them below.
Please note that feedback is anonymous - if you require a reply or assistance, please raise a ticket via ServiceLine.
Thank you for your feedback, it is much appreciated.